Skip to content ↓

School House

School House – Semper ad coelestia (Always unto the heavens)

School House is located on the top floor of the Meynell Building, just a few strides from the Chapel door and nestling on the edge of the athletics track. The house was completely refurbished in 2007 and this detached location enables us to have plenty of space in a relaxed environment. The short stroll across from school is ideal for clearing the head and forgetting the troubles that have occurred in school. Bizarrely though, success seems to bridge the gap and come over with us!

"A great sense of belonging, loads of support from girls across all years when doing house events.

Staff at School House 

Housemistress

Mrs. Paula Parkinson (Head of ML, French)

Assistant Housemaster

Mr. Andrew Axelby (History)

Tutors Mrs. Emma Scoular (Food & Nutrition)
  Mrs. Bea Sackey-Ambler (English)
Sixth Form Tutors Miss. Sarah Dalby (Head of Science)
  Ms. Elizabeth Bennett 

Housekeeper

Mrs. Suzanne Furniss

History 

School House, originally a boys’ boarding house, was re-opened in 2007 as the girls’ Day House. The House crest is the original School House crest, comprising the four crests of the other houses that were in existence when School House was originally founded in 1930.